This is the simple step-by-step guide to applying for the Year For God programme:
- It will take a little while, so make yourself comfortable and begin…
- Pray for God to guide you.
- Make sure you’ve looked at the locations and dates for each intake (and contacted us) to know where and when you would like to go. We have more details in our information and location packs, which we can e-mail to you. Please bear in mind you may need time to raise money, complete immunisations or apply for a visa when deciding when you want to go.
- Click here to start the online application: If you have trouble with this then email us at email@example.com
- Read through the instructions as the online application system guides. There are several parts of the application including three references and medical forms which you will need to get completed. The references are done electronically, but the completed medical forms will need to be posted to; YFG Co-ordinator,
YWAM Derby, Overdale House, 96 Whitaker Road, Derby, DE23 6AP, UK.
- Send the £25 application fee once you have submitted your application. This needs to be paid in GBP currency(cheques made payable to “Youth With A Mission Derby” and posted to; YFG Co-ordinator,
YWAM Derby, Overdale House, 96 Whitaker Road, Derby, DE23 6AP, UK or for payment by bank transfer – please email us for bank details).
- We will contact you when we receive your completed application, all references, medical forms and application fee, but please feel free to call or e-mail us with any questions at any point during the process.
- Once we have received all the parts of your application and have prayed over it, processed it and approved it we will issue you with a letter of acceptance. At this point you’ll need to pay at least £200 of the £395 to confirm your place; this goes towards the cost for Orientation, Debrief, Administration & Communication (the balance of £195 will be due at the Orientation week).
- We will help/advise you in arranging all the other details, such as flights, insurance, visas, etc. We also have a number of helpful documents, such as kit lists etc. which we will email upon acceptance to help you with your preparations.